The Association for Iron & Steel Technology (AIST) announced the appointment of R. Joseph Stratman, Executive Vice President, Nucor Corp., as President of AIST for 2011–2012. He succeeds Past President William P. Breedlove, Executive Vice President, Marketing and Business Development, Harsco Metals and Minerals.
The Association announced its new executive committee and board of directors during AISTech 2011, the organization’s annual conference and exposition, which was held 2–5 May 2011, in Indianapolis, Ind.
Also appointed as officers were:
· First Vice President: Kent D. Peaslee, F. Kenneth Iverson Steelmaking Chair, Missouri University of Science & Technology, Rolla, Mo.
· Second Vice President: Terry G. Fedor II, Vice President — Metallics, Cliffs Natural Resources, Cleveland, Ohio
· Past President: William P. Breedlove, Executive Vice President, Marketing and Business Development, Harsco Metals and Minerals, Seven Fields, Pa.
· Officer-at-Large: Glenn A. Pushis, Vice President and General Manager, Steel Dynamics Inc. – Flat Roll Division, Butler, Ind.
· Officer-at-Large: Michael D. Garcia, Senior Vice President, Manufacturing and Supply Chain, Evraz Inc. NA, Portland, Ore.
· Officer-at-Large: George J. Koenig, President, Berry Metal Co., Harmony, Pa.
· Treasurer: William C. King II, Assistant Corporate Controller, United States Steel Corp., Pittsburgh, Pa.
· Secretary: Ronald E. Ashburn, Executive Director, AIST, Warrendale, Pa.
AIST board members include
· Ricardo A. Anawate, Vice President and General Manager, Gerdau Ameristeel Beaumont, Beaumont, Texas
· Christopher D. Birkbeck, Power Systems Electrical Engineer, Nucor Steel–Indiana, Crawfordsville, Ind.
· Gregg Bond, Area Manager, Heavy Equipment Maintenance, The Timken Co., Canton, Ohio
· Robert Buchanan, President and CEO, The Cline Co., Taylors, S.C.
· Christopher J. Carr, Marketing Manager, Heraeus Electro-Nite Co., Langhorne, Pa.,
· Larry A. Dalke, Rolling Mill Manager, Nucor Steel Seattle Inc., Seattle, Wash.
· James O. Finley III, BOF Operations, ArcelorMittal Indiana Harbor, East Chicago, Ind.
· Michael D. Fox, Senior Specialist, The Timken Co., Canton, Ohio
· Chad McClimans, Safety and Security Manager, V&M Star, Youngstown, Ohio
· Matthew J. Merwin, Research Consultant, U. S. Steel, Munhall, Pa.
· Bimalendu N. Mukhopadhyay, Technology Advisor, Essar Engineering Services Ltd., Dist. Surat, Gujarat, India
· Bradley J. Parker, Ironmaking Technology, ArcelorMittal Dofasco Inc., Hamilton, Ont., Canada
· Richard Rhamey, Engineering Manager, ArcelorMittal Dofasco Inc., Hamilton, Ont., Canada
· Thomas J. Russo, President, TRUSSCON Inc., Kingsville, Md.
· Hugo Solis, Industrial Director, Ternium Mexico, San Nicolas, NL, Mexico
· Darrell E. Sturgill, General Manager, Technical Sales, Stollberg Inc., Niagara Falls, N.Y.
· Gary M. Urso, Vice President, TDI Group LLC, Pittsburgh, Pa.
· Tom Zacharewicz, EMT, Project And Construction Management, ArcelorMittal Dofasco Inc., Hamilton, Ont., Canada.
AISTech 2011 was one of this year’s largest gatherings of industry personnel in the world, with more than 5000 people attending. The four-day conference program encompassed more than 450 technical presentations, accompanied by exhibits by over 400 domestic and international companies.
AIST is an international technical association of more than 11,000 professional and student members, representing iron and steel producers, their allied suppliers and related academia. The association is dedicated to advancing the technical development, production, processing and application of iron and steel.